Friday, October 15, 2010

Da Bigg Homie Screwww

Torrent, no datpiff available.
Fresh Off Da Water has been one of my most listened to albums of the past year. Screwww has a slow, confident, half-sung flow that sounds like he wouldn't even think to make up any of what he's saying. Most of his lyrics are pretty simple and straight-forward, but all of that combined with his great choice of beats and the energy he brings to it ends up creating a very real feeling atmosphere. Truthful even. And we're all about the Truth around here. Speaking of truth, when I asked Slick his thoughts on Screwww, he said that "it's always kind of refreshing to find musicians of any kind that have zero sex appeal...also its really rough to be an alcoholic and a gangster.  I'd say being drunk helps him deal with the fear and paranoia that comes with being a gangster.  however, i imagine that fear and paranoia is the only thing that keeps you from getting killed or caught while being a gangster and so his drinking will most likely get him killed or locked up.  is he locked up?"
Yeah as far as I know the feds picked him up this past summer, unfortunately. Although I don't know what is going on with that at all. Considering how easy it is to find out information about Young Jeezy without even wanting to, you would think there would at least be a little info out there on one of his fellow CTE members.
My favorite songs on this mixtape are Buy In Bulk, Me & My Chick, Take No Loss, Under My Wing, Money, My Fam, and All Black Tee. No bad tracks on this one though.
Click on the "PL" in the upper left corner of the image below to show the full tracklist.

I can't seem to find a mixtape that has this Screwww song on it. Too bad because I've been listening to it about 10 times a day, if not on youtube then in my head. As Slick pointed out to me, a great thing about this song/video is that it feels very real and the dissonance in his chorus works really well--he might not have the best singing voice but he still makes great use of it, no auto-tune around here.

No comments:

Post a Comment