Thursday, March 31, 2011

I like R&B?

Turns out I do, specifically "House Of Balloons" by The Weeknd. This Drake co-signed mixtape (in case that means anything to you whatsoever) is great laid-back but awake late night music. It has all of my favorite parts lyrically of party/indulgent rap except it's mostly sung really well instead of rapped in monotone (and auto-tune is only ever used to stylistically accent certain parts occasionally). So far my 2 favorite tracks have been "Glass Table Girls" and "The Morning". These are all complete, fully fleshed out songs here and not just beats with some lyrics recorded over them (not that I don't love that too, obviously) which in combination with there being no dj in sight (hearing range?) has this mixtape acting as a real album.
The only track on here that is just too R&B for me and that I usually skip is the last one on the mix, "The Knowing".

No comments:

Post a Comment