Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Truth Via Street Rap Youtube Video Album

This is all the way back from 2008, but I have just recently been listening to it in it's entirety again. Prodigy(from Mobb Deep) is one of my favorite rappers of all time and released the album H.N.I.C. 2 shortly before going to prison. To maximize his time when he found out that he was definitely headed there, he decided to shoot a video for every song on the album. Those videos were released on the 3 disc collectors edition of H.N.I.C. 2 (the third disc has commentary over each track of the album about his thought process and what went into making the music as it as the album plays more quietly than normal in the background).
Prodigy stays in g-mode (as always) but also gets into real truth quite a bit. He is as negative as ever I'd say, despite his riches (which he also reminds you of), because of some of the very truth that is spoken of on this website(and I imagine the Sickle Cell Anemia that he's had all his life hasn't helped his outlook much either, judging by the song on the first H.N.I.C. "You Can Never Feel My Pain"). He is also totally ready to kill any man that he has to.
Pretty much all of the videos for the album are on youtube, which I have compiled into a playlist. So watch 'em or just put it on in the background, since it's just a good album anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment